Monday, September 29, 2014

Fake It Till You Make It - ACIM Lesson #1

Technically that was not the exercise for lesson one, but after working through lesson one and reading the intro for the workbook that is going to be my mantra.

Like my last go around i am using a composition notebook to write down my takeaways and work through the exercises presented each day. The kind of, chaoticness of the bubbles and the lines actually helps organize my thoughts and puts them in a way that i can understand and attempt to make sense of.



Because i have an untrained mind, i know the first lessons are going to be difficult and a huge "WTF" for me. A lot of things that are in my room (and my apartment where i did todays lesson) mean a lot to me. I love my SpiritHood collection as it helps represent my uniqueness and me finally not giving a #@&* about what others thought about what i wore. My Gloomy Bears have so much tied up into them, with each having their own individual backstory and the subjects of another internet venture i am currently working on. And then there is my boyfriend. Of course he means the absolute world to me, how could he not mean anything to me?

Then i did what i should have done in the first place... read the intro for the workbook...


While i struggle with understanding and even accepting the concept of todays lesson, that is ok. Just because i struggle with it, and even somewhat resist the notion of the exercise does not mean I'm "doing it wrong." The purpose of the lessons is just to do them and by doing them you are working through the lessons correctly. 

Gabrielle Bernstein is one of my absolute favorite authors and public figures (if the amazon carousel to the left didn't already give you that idea) who is also a student of A Course In Miracles. If you didn't understand something or you struggled with a concept (in the course or in many life situations) she would just say "fake it till you make it." This is not to say that if you have a genuine concern or question you should just ignore it and hope it all works out. What i take from it is that i should (attempt to at least) surrender my fears and frustrations to the universe and not let my not understanding stop me. Just keep on keeping on (as the saying goes) and if i work through the lessons diligently it will one day just click.


When it finally clicks it will shift my perception. And when my perception has shifted is when i'm creating miracles.


And for those of you also working through ACIM who need to rest
their brains, King Kero is always available for squeezes
and hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment