Friday, September 26, 2014

It's Ok To Start Over

    


     Back in 2012 I started a blog to chronicle my journey as I worked through A Course In Miracles. I did a lesson a day and tried my hardest to post my notes from each lesson as well as my reflections from the lesson daily. Along the way though I got lost. I couldn't keep up with doing a lesson a day and I soon just gave up on the blog, and my lessons, entirely. 

  Between then and now i’ve toyed with the idea of starting the blog back up, but most importantly starting the lessons back up. It’s been a crazy time in my life (heartache, job market, what do I want to do with my life, etc) and I didn't want to dive back into it until I felt truly called to it by the universe. Now seems to be that time, but I will be attacking this in a new way.

#1 - It’s ok if I don't do a lesson every day. For whatever reason, I felt that I had to do a lesson a day or all would be lost. The course is set up like this but if you take an extra day or so to reflect on a particular lesson then thats ok. That is a permission I am going to give myself this time.


#2 - I’ve got more books! Hehe, I know, getting a book to learn how to use another book. I am someone though who actually likes to read multiple books at once depending on my mood. Plus, A Course In Miracles is a head trip in and of itself so it will be nice to come in with more ammo to help me make it through the entire course this time. 

  The Disappearance of the Universe was highly recommended to me by fellow Spirit Junkie Jennifer O’Neill. I’ve only just now started reading it, and my head already hurts, but I've been told that it is an essential companion to A Course In Miracles.




  I also have every single book Gabrielle Bernstein has ever written because well, I am a Spirit Junkie. I’ve actually been to one of her live lectures (thanks Claudia!) and she just exudes positive energy and the life I would like to live. She speaks to me, her youtube series speaks to me, and I just believe she is a majority positive influence in my life. 



#3 - If I fall behind in posting to this blog or in my lessons I am not going to let it be the “be all end all.” I often have this negative thought pattern process that if I fall behind on one thing then there goes the entire farm. That is something I am going to actively work on this time around. Each day is a new day, and if I fall behind i’ll just pick up where I left off. 



  The Course is set up to have all of its lessons completed in a year but I know that this will be a life long journey. Even in this initial tackling of the course I may change my style in how I approach it and I will try to share with you guys why whats working for me is currently working for me. I will need all the warm and fuzzy energies that you can send me and I am happy to have you on this wild donkey ride with me.

Snaps to Elle for making positive thinking the in thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment