Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I Do Not Understand Why My Tamagotchi Is Always Hungry - ACIM Lesson #3

Seriously, it is always hungry no matter what i feed it. After playing with the original tamagotchi back in the 90's you think i would have the hang of things by now but i don't! And thats (sort of) the subject of todays lesson in A Course in Miracles.

Why yes i have one of these at my age, so what?

"I do not understand anything i see in this room."


Lesson three is where the brain hurting is finally starting to kick in. It started when i was contemplating "I do not understand this laptop." I know what a laptop is, and what it is supposed to do (help me publish this blog) but what "is it" really? Is it really what i think it is? Is it even really here? Am i even really here? My brain is still hurting as i type this and try to contemplate it. 



And cue the coffee break so i could rest my
head and my brain from the overthinking.

After giving my brain a little time to rest i started to contemplate again. The things around us, we know what they are because we are taught or told what they are. But how do we know what were taught is right? How can you know that we actually understand something correctly? Just because someone says something is so does not make it "so." I might be getting a little a head of myself here (and thus not making sense to anyone else but me) since i partially worked through the course before but this simple lesson really is a mind bender (and not in an anxiety filled way like many lessons where the first time around for me). While i work through the rest of the lessons i can already tell the concept of not understanding anything and trying to make sense of it will be constantly playing in the background of my mind.

And now, its time to feed my tamagotchi again...











No comments:

Post a Comment