Tuesday, October 7, 2014

King Kero Is Upset Because He See's Food That Isn't There - ACIM Lesson #6

I will not make excuses for my absence the last few days. I had the intention to work on my lessons and post my thoughts but my ego got the better of me till today. Today i had the overwhelming sense to work through Lesson #6 and so many other forms of happiness and manifestations followed. But lets get down to the real reason you come to this blog (besides the virtual hugs from King Kero, the giant pink gloomy bear),



I did not have the "WTF" reaction to this lesson that i did to lesson #4 and somewhat lesson #5. I honestly think my understanding of this lesson comes from me being diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorders. Whenever i am having an episode i am encouraged to remove myself from the situation if possible and calm myself down with some slow, deep, breaths. Once i've calmed myself down i can then reflect on what about the episode triggered my reaction to it, and was the situation really as bad as i was making it out to be at the time. More often then not the answer is no. 

Ive never  really developed coping mechanisms so my first reaction to almost any stressful situation is to panic and then shut down. By removing myself immediately from the situation (if possible) i am better able to reflect on the situation and make a better assessment to help me cope in the future. All of this is easier said then done, but baby steps are better then no steps.

But back to the actual lesson. Lets use the example i gave "I get anxious at work because i see something that is not there." I often am overly stimulated at work and i am slow to adjust to changes that i am not made aware of beforehand. I will sometimes think "Why the hell couldn't they tell me this thing was going to change. Why doesn't anyone tell me anything?" I am putting this energy out into the universe that my co-workers have something against me and are trying to purposely slight me. But what am i really getting upset at? Im getting upset at feelings/an image i created and projected. Those feelings/images are something i created but do not actually exist. 

Ta-da!

While i have a better grasp on this lesson then others the information presented in it is still something i struggle with on a daily basis. But as the Intro to the lessons said:




No comments:

Post a Comment