Saturday, October 4, 2014

These Thoughts About How Much I Love Mean Girls Do Not Mean Anything - ACIM Lesson #4 & #5

Happy belated Mean Girls Day! Wait? You didn't know Friday, October 3rd was Mean Girls Day? Do you not remember that October 3rd was the day Aaron asked Cady what day it was?


But no, i did not forget to do yesterdays lesson so i could binge watch Mean Girls. I was having to much fun with a craft project i thought to do and i spent all evening working on it. So today you get a 2fer!



Now is when i finally start going WTF and wanting to throw the book across the room. (Not really, but i did have a lot of WTF moments while working through the exercise). The big thing i have problems coming to grasp is How is what I'm thinking at this current moment not mean anything. If i am thinking these thoughts and they don't mean anything then why am i having them? I didn't have any real revelations while working through the lesson, just a lot of frustrated thoughts. But the important thing is that I'm doing them.

Then today, i worked on lesson 5...


Now this lesson i didn't resist as much as lesson 4. I tend to get upset (i think) more so then the average person because of my diagnosed conditions. But i manage it and am able to live a pretty productive, somewhat normal life. Having read a lot of Gabby Bernstein's books i understand that when i am upset with a particular person or situation it is often a reflection of me or my lack, not theirs. While i don't always put that into practice i at least know of it (and try to implement it when I'm getting frustrated at someone). 

What really struck me, in regards to this lesson, was one of the helpful reminders in regards to working through this lesson. Its in the cloud bubble in the bottom left of the page, but in case you can't read it the reminder was:

"There are no small upsets. They are all equally disturbing to my peace of mind."

When you think about the quote above its true. Large negative thoughts disturb your peace of mind, but so do small negative thoughts. Both disrupt your happiness and sense of well being. While i still struggle with agreeing that they are "equally disturbing" to my peace of mind, i can at least get behind that they both disturb it. 

Now that i have a few lessons under my belt i think i am finally going to attempt to go through the text and thus also start reading "The Disappearance of The Universe." The last time i tried to read the "Text" it hurt my head so much that i had to pretty much abandon it. A lot of people have said though that "The Disappearance of The Universe" greatly helped in their understanding of the Text so i hope i have a similar outcome with it.

And now i must leave you dear readers, because Mean Girls is on in under 30 minutes.

Have you read the "Text" yet? It's seriously all the rage.
*Also, Monday is going to be another double post for you guys. I will still be doing lesson 6 tomorrow but i want to share with you guys my thoughts on manifesting like i mentioned earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment